The Wessex has reciprocal rights of accommodation with the following:
- Derbyshire – Orpheus Caving Club, Technical Speleological Group (TSG)
- Devon – Devon Speleological Society
- Scotland – Grampian Speleological Group
- Wales – Croydon Caving Club, South Wales Caving Club, Westminster Speleological Group
- Yorkshire – Bradford Pothole Club, Craven Pothole Club, Northern Pennine Club, Red Rose Cave & Pothole Club, Yorkshire Ramblers Club, Yorkshire Subterranean Society (YSS)
General Rules of reciprocal rights applied at the Wessex,
- Members can stay in each other’s club Hut for the same fees as that club’s members.
- Up to 5 members can visit each hut without booking.
However prior booking is highly recommended to ensure that there is room.
- Access will be allowed to each clubs members bunk rooms when space is available.
- Only bona fide club members to be included in the agreement.
- No reciprocal rights, for borrowing club tackle or library materials.
Other clubs when visiting the Wessex hut for the first time please contact a member of the committee, who will give you a tour of the hut and advise on access procedures, use of the SRT training tower, gas supply isolation etc.
A number of clubs have requested that we apply some additional rules for our members visiting their club huts:
Northern Pennine Caving Club – No sleeping in their members bunk room, they have 3 guest rooms.
South Wales Caving Club – 5 people in one car without booking.
We have a Northern Secretary who can book cave permits if required, please contact the committee.
A useful source of information is here: Council of Northern Caving Clubs
Caves of Mynydd Llangatwg.
Details of acess can be found here: Mynydd Llangatwg
We hold an annual permit. Keys for Agen Allwedd and Craig A Ffynnon can be found in our Tackle Store.
Dan Yr Ogof
Datails of access can be found here: Dan Yr Ogof
The club has members who are Wardens and can lead trips. Contact the Caving Secretary for details.
OFD – We hold an Annual Permit – see Members Pages for a copy.
See the following general documents:
OFD Access Entry And Rules Adopted Feb 2015 (note that smoking is strictly banned in OFD and that a repeated breach of this very simple rule may lead to removal of permission to enter OFD.)
For more information see the following web site: